A loop handle trimmer built to handle tough cutting locations.
The STIHL FS 240 R professional trimmer combines a heavy-duty design with the versatility needed to handle a variety of challenging clearing situations. Providing 20% more fuel efficiency, the low-exhaust-emission engine, combined with the large (25.4 oz.) fuel tank, means you’ll spend more time cutting and less time refueling. The FS 240 R is an ideal addition to any professional crew charged with cutting around ponds, along canals, in roadside ditches, and through heavy thickets.
- PROTECTED SPARK ARRESTOR MUFFLER: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- INTELLICARB™ COMPENSATING CARBURETOR: The IntelliCarb™ Compensating Carburetor measures the air pressure on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts the metering diaphragm in the carburetor. This keeps the RPM at a consistent level, even when the air filter begins to clog.
- AIR FILTER COVER: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- ANTI-VIBRATION SYSTEM: STIHL has a system for minimizing the vibration levels of handheld outdoor power equipment. The STIHL anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue and provides a more comfortable working experience.
- UPRIGHT TRANSLUCENT FUEL TANK: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- ADJUSTABLE FRONT HANDLE: Adjusts for comfort.
- SIMPLIFIED STARTING PROCEDURE: To get started, simply pump the fuel primer, set the choke and pull the starter cord. The built-in stop switch allows the user to turn off the engine with a simple press of the button. When the engine is off, the throttle lock automatically returns to the “start” setting. Your power tool will be ready to be started when you’re ready to get back to work.
- MULTI-FUNCTION CONTROL HANDLE: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator’s hand never has to leave the handle.
- PROTECTED CHOKE LEVER / KNOB: Helps prevent damage.
- SHOULDER STRAP / CARRYING SYSTEM: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- HEAVY-DUTY STEEL-ON-STEEL CLUTCH: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- PROTECTED OR ENCLOSED CONTROL CABLES: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- HIGH TECH POLYMER HOUSING: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- THROTTLE TRIGGER INTERLOCK: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- PROTECTED SPARK PLUG: Protected yet easy to change.
- PURGE PUMP PRIMER: By pressing the bulb, this small fuel pump delivers fuel to the carburetor, reducing the number of starting pulls needed after an extended break between uses.
- FULLY LINED DRIVE SHAFT: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- REDUCED-EMISSION ENGINE TECHNOLOGY - CARING FOR NATURE: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature” seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions” as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- TRIMMER LINE: There's high-performance STIHL trimmer line for every operating condition.
- STRAPS AND HARNESSES: They distribute the load from your hands to your shoulders. They also help reduce operator fatigue and make it easier to use trimmers, brushcutters and clearing saws for extended periods.
- TRIMMER HEADS & BLADES: Many trimmer heads and blades are available. Find out which ones to use with this model in this chart.
- GEARBOX ATTACHMENTS: Gearbox attachments are available for this model. View the interchangeable gearbox chart to find out which attachments work with this model.